Monday, December 05, 2005

Something I Just Realized

A blog is a sort of online diary, for most people, but I have found an inherant flaw with that belief. While it is, for all intents and purposes, just that it is, at the same time, not. Confused? Good, let me continue.

A diary, by definition, is a record of one's inner-most thoughts and feelings; a place for them to rant, rave, proclaim love, etc. How many poeple do you know that are willing to do this online for the world to read, especially if that someone who they're talking about has access to their blog?

Let us use the following situation for an example: You live far away from this someone, but are in regular contact with them (whether by email, IM, phone, it mattereth not). You have had a crush on this person for at least two years, but are scared to voice your thoughts directly to this someone for fear of rejection. You've ranted to all your friends about it, but, again, try to hide it from the someone for fear of rejection and hurt. This someone has access to your online blog.

There are two places you can go from here. The first Post It On Your Massively Public Online Blog or Write It In A Little Private Book. Hmm, which would you rather do? Wait! Before you make your choice, let's see the points of boths sides of the story first.

Post It On Your Massively Public Online Blog

  • HELLO EVERYONE! READ MY THOUGHTS!
  • HELLO THAT SOMEONE - I'M SO MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!
  • HELLO WORLD - I LOVE THAT SOMEONE!
  • THAT SOMEONE - IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME, GET REALLY AWKWARD NOW BECAUSE YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL!

Write It In A Little Private Book

  • Ah, I can write and noone sees
  • If I want you to see this, that someone, I'll let you read it sometime
  • I can show it to my closest friends and noone else
  • Haha, now you're going to stay friends with me and never know that I like you until I decide it's time
So, now, looking back at these choices, which seems better for writing down all your personal thoughts? Well, in my opinion, it's number two. Then again, if you're trying to tell that someone, but you don't wanna do it face to face number one is better.

And you know, it's been 6 hour since I started writing this and I really can't remember where I was going with it... Well, feel free to draw your own conclusions, mine are gone.

No comments: