Thursday, November 30, 2006

Babies, Missions, and Thanksgiving

A lot has happened since I last wrote. Let me spread the news to the world via the internet and my blog that not many people read.

I had a good friend and two cousins recently come home from their missions. I have yet to see the cousins, but one is moving out near me in January, so I will see him then. My good friend who just got home is one of the coolest guys I know. He seems to be breaking out of his post-mission shell very well.

If you have read my entry about my date attempt, you will know that I was unable to see the play that night. I have seen it now. I went with my missionary buddy. We went in our suits (I bought two of them. One is black, the other black with pin stripes) so that we could feel cool. It was ok. We were both exhausted and it was closing night. I felt like it was a little over-the-top with the craziness, but with Gilbert and Sullivan what else can you expect? After the play we went back to his house and talked for a few hours. It was good.

Two new souls have entered into the world inside my group of friends, one girl and one boy. The girl was born to a single mother, who conceived out of wedlock. Her name is Samara. She is a pretty little baby. The father is going to try to help the mother out, but we'll see if he follows through. The boy was born to a mother who is going through a divorce. The baby was placed up for adoption (though that happens long before the actual birth) and the mother found an absolutely wonderful couple to be his parents. The divorce is now in the process of finalizing, and the mother is recovering well. Bless her heart, she is a hero in a world full of cowards, chaos, and infidelity. I don't know if I would've had the strength to do what she has done, may it all work out for the best.

Thanksgiving is kind of all encompassing for this. There is so much good in my life and the lives of my friends. I talked of the other topics first to show some of what I have going on, for this I am thankful.

I am lucky enough to live close to my parents. I live about 15 minutes away from them. Being single and going to school, I often get asked why I chose to move out if my parents live so close. I've lived there all my life and I love it, but too much of a good thing can be bad. I needed a change of scenery, and have found it. I was just lucky enough to find a good change so close to something I love so much. I went to "visit" my family for thanksgiving. It was fun.

We had already done our big family thanksgiving party, so it was just my immediate family that was going to be present. My mother, being the wonderful woman she is, told me to invite anyone who didn't have a place to go to our house. I invited one of my roomies and one of his friends. His friend was originally going to go somewhere else, but she ended up coming along and bringing another friend.

We had three guests and had a ton of fun, and I am now good friends with both girls. I think I'll dub them my aliens, as they are both weird and foreigners.

That is the time in summary. I am at work at the moment, taking a break, and need to get back to hammering out my code. I will, hopefully, sometime come and write a detailed version of my thanksgiving weekend. I could take up quite a bit of space with that. I'll think up some clever aliases for the aliens, and use them to brighten up the story that I will write.

Until I write again.

No comments: